Award winning Cuisine
2 AA Rosettes for food excellence
What we offer
- Characterful yet contemporary oak-beamed restaurant with views over open countryside
- Award winning Cuisine; 2 AA Rosettes for food excellence
- Local ingredients and seasonal dishes
- Open to the public for lunch and dinner
- Private dining for up to 22 guests in the conservatory and garden room
- Available for functions and parties for up to 110 guests
- A la carte menu for lunch and dinner, from £18.00 for two courses
- Sunday lunch menu; choose a traditional Sunday roast, or opt for something a little more adventurous
Our drinks and lunch menu
Homemade Burger, Maple Bacon, Smoked Cheddar, Baby Gem, BBQ Sauce, Skinny Fries – £14.50
Fish and Chips
Beer Battered Haddock, Peas, Chunky Chips, Tartar Sauce – £14.50
8oz Ribeye, Roasted Vine Tomatoes, Rocket & Parmesan Salad, Skinny Fries – £22.50
Chef’s Pasta of the Day – £11.50
Mozzarella, basil and tomato – £6.50
Chicken, Pesto and sunblushed tomato – £7.50
Steak and red onion – £9
Fish finger, spicy tomato sauce and baby gem – £7.50
All produce is purchased daily and menu items may vary according to availability on the day.
If you are vegan or have any special dietary requirements, please speak with a member of staff as we will do our best to cater for your diet.
Wines by the Glass
Sauvignon Blanc, Forrest Estate, Marlborough, NZ, 2014
175ml – £7.60
250ml – £10.60
Masses of vital herbaceous, gooseberry character, mouth-wateringly moreish
1. Piquepoul-Sauvignon, Belle Mare, France
175ml – £4.85
250ml – £6.50
3. Chenin Blanc, Franschhoek Cellars, S. Africa
175ml – £5.10
250ml – £6.80
4. Chardonnay, ‘Ekuo’, Italy (organic)
175ml – £5.20
250ml – £6.80
2. Pinot Grigio, Colpo di Fortuna, Italy
175ml – £5.00
250ml – £6.35
20. Cabernet Sauvignon, Franschhoek Cellars, S. Africa
175ml – £5.15
250ml – £6.80
23. Shiraz ‘Beyond the River’, S.Australia
175ml – £5.15
250ml – £6.80
22. Pinot Noir, ‘Paparruda’ Romania
175ml – £5.00
250ml – £6.50
25. Merlot ‘Ekuo’, Italy (organic)
175ml – £5.20
250ml – £6.80
18. Rosé, La Colombette, France (organic)
175ml – £5.05
250ml – £6.60
Champagne or Prosecco
51. Prosecco Spumante, La Jara, Italy (organic)
125ml – £6.00
53. Champagne, 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs, Claude Carré
57. Château La Garenne Sauternes 2005
If you want to revitalise your palate try this with some dessert. Its zesty, lemony richness and butterscotch finish is a delight
Half Bottle £33.90
Glass 100 ml £9.95
Wines by the Bottle
51. Prosecco Spumante Extra Dry, La Jara (organic) – £24.00
Brilliantly refreshing, fully sparkling Prosecco. Light, crisp and flavoursome – find an excuse!
52. Pinot Grigio Rosato, La Jara (organic) – £22.60
Made from naturally pink Pinot Grigio grapes! Light floral bouquet and pink grapefruit.
53. Champagne Brut, 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs, Claude Carré – £40.60
Soft, seductive, slightly biscuity nectar, bursting with life.
54. Veuve Clicquot Brut Reserve NV – £62.60
The grand old lady of Champagnes, a classic with crisp flavours.
55. Champagne Rosé, 1er Cru, Claude Carré – £44.60
Such a pretty pink! Rich aromas of red fruits and delicate depth of flavour and freshness.
56. Bollinger Special Cuvée N.V – £69.60
A rich nose with a hint of summer fruits, full flavours of nuts, toast and citrus abound, balanced by excellent acidity.
18. Syrah Rosé, La Colombette, France (organic) 2014 – £18.00
Pretty pale Provençal style dry rosé, rose petal, floral nose, soft, lush fruit on the palate.
19. Sancerre Rosé de Pinot Noir, Dauny (organic) 2014 – £31.00
A finer more sophisticated rosé would be hard to find. Beautiful balance, length and freshness.
1. Piquepoul-Sauvignon, Belle Mare, France 2014 – £17.60
Fresh nose of white flowers and fruits, crisp and dry in the mouth.
2. Pinot Grigio, Colpo di Fortuna, Italy 2014 – £17.60
This wine is clean, crisp and fresh with an attractive pear and lemon twist on the nose.
3. Chenin Blanc, Franschhoek Cellars, South Africa, 2014 – £18.00
Vibrant tropical fruit aromas with zesty crisp fresh fruit flavours.
4. Chardonnay (unoaked), ‘Ekuo’, Italy 2014 (organic) – £18.60
Fresh, floral nose, round and well textured on the palate, great as an aperitif.
5. Rioja Blanco “Noemus”, Spain 2013 (organic) – £21.90
Light, soft and elegant un-oaked wine, delicate fresh fruit flavour and not too acidic.
6. Muscadet “sur lie” Domaine Bonnet-Huteau 2013 (organic) – £19.50 Super-fresh, bone dry white with a delicate floral nose, soft fruit is complemented by vital acidity and minerally character.
7. Picpoul de Pinet, ‘Enfant Terrible’, France 2014 – £22.50
A ripe, citrussy, dry French white from the unusual Picpoul grape, gently aromatic with tropical fruit notes and lime juice acidity. A must with fish and seafood.
8. Grillo (Grasshopper,) Capofeto, Sicily (organic) 2014 – £19.50
This lighter-bodied, dry white is soft and aromatic, full of Sicilian sunshine, it’s a great food wine!
9. Sauvignon/Chenin Blanc, Post House, S. Africa 2014 – £24.20
Fruity upfront dry wine for easy drinking. Fruity and minerally with fresh acidity.
10. Unoaked Chardonnay ‘Il Spareto’, Tuscany, Italy 2013 (organic) – £24.50
Here the classic grape is turned into bright, elegant high-class wine, by Pietro, one of Chianti’s most highly skilled wine makers. Fabulous food wine.
11. Gavi di Gavi, Cascina del Melo 2013 (biodynamic) – £26.60
A fresh and citrusy Gavi, with some warmer fruity notes and minerality. Very drinkable on its own, but this is a dry white is well suited to seafood.
12. Sauvignon Blanc, Forrest Estate, Marlborough, New Zealand 2014 – £29.50
This intense, dry white wine has masses of vital herbaceous, gooseberry character, it’s mouthwateringly moreish!
13. Macon Davayé, La Croix Senaillet 2012 (organic) – £28.50
Davayé is one of the Macon villages and La Croix Senaillet its best producer. Made from Chardonnay it’s aged on its ‘lies’, not oak. Elegant creamy, yet citrusy.
14. Sancerre Blanc “Les Caillottes”, Christian Dauny 2014 (organic) – £28.50
Masses of herbaceous, fresh gooseberry character; it’s why we love good Sancerre. A classic grassy, wine with vital acidity, clarity and purity.
15. Chablis, Georges Pico 2014 (organic) – £35.50
This has a lightish, golden green wine with good balance and bone-dry. A Chardonnay with vibrant acidity and a lengthy finish.
16. Meursault “Petits-Charrons”, Jean Javillier 2013 (organic) – £48.50
Meursault should have a richness to go with richer food but also balance and poise. This has uplifting silkiness and vitality that makes it a joy to drink.
17. Puligny-Montrachet, Domaine Alan Chavy 2009 – £62.50
From vines over 45-years-old, this wine has a honeyed apricot nose, rounded fruit and a rich, harmonious structure.
20. Franschhoek Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon, S. Africa 2013 – £18.60
A classic light-bodied cabernet sauvignon which is rich, ripe and full of flavour.
21. Cabernet/Merlot/Shiraz “Releaf’, S. Africa 2012/13 (organic) – £20.60
Delicious blackcurranty/herbaceous full-bodied red with a touch of all spice.
22. Pinot Noir, Paparruda , Romania 2013 – £17.50
Lush, soft, juicy red raspberry Pinot fruit, this wine seldom fails to impress!
23. Shiraz ‘Beyond the River’, S. Australia 2014 – £19.50
Classic ripe lush fruit and all spice with soft gluggable tannins
24. Rioja Tinto “Noemus”, Spain 2013/14 (organic) – £21.50
A light, easy to drink red, warm and inviting with a hint of vanilla and bags of ripe and pure black cherry and spicy fruit.
25. Merlot ‘Ekuo’, Italy 2013 (organic) – £22.70
Dark, ruby red, this easy wine pulls you in with a fascinating herbal nose. Well balanced with great fruit, structure and minerality.
26. Malbec ‘Tizac’, Argentina 2011/12 (organic) – £23.10
Mocha and blackberry nose, deeply coloured, dry but full bodied red packed with juicy almost velvety spiced bramble jelly.
27. Pinotage/Cabernet, Post House S. Africa 2012 – £23.60
A nose of mulberries, red currant and ripe strawberries with a hint of pepper and spice. Full bodied and impressive rich wine with supple tannins.
28. Côtes du Rhône, ‘La Confidence‘, France 2012 (organic) – £24.60
Full-bodied, intense Rhone wine, packed with blackberry fruit, and coffee flavours. Lovers of robust, dark reds; this one’s for you!
29. Chianti DOCG, Majnoni, Tuscany 2012 (organic) – £25.00
Elegant and sumptuous Tuscan red made from the Sangiovese grape. A classic noble wine, perfect match to any hearty main dish, roasted or grilled meats.
30. Bulls Eye’ Cabernet Sauvignon, Post House, Stellenbosch, 2012 – £29.50
Intense, deep flavours of chocolate, and blackcurrant jam are what to expect from this exceptionally hand crafted, massive rich red.
31. Montagne St Emilion, Bordeaux Chateau Maison Blanche, 2009/10 (organic) – £30.60
50% Merlot and 50% Cabernet Franc with 12 months in small oak barrels. The wine is dark, tannic and broody , best off decanted; let the air in and the flavour flood out!
32. Fleurie “Vieilles Vignes”, Domaine des Garands 2011 – £31.10
This very naturally produced Fleurie has one of the lowest sulphur levels of any wine anywhere, allowing the very gluggable, juicy nature of the wine to shine through.
33. Pinot Noir, Forrest Estate, Marlborough, NZ 2011 – £33.60
‘Aromas of sweet, dried cranberries and warm earth, with a beautifully fresh palate of ripe red summer fruits.’
34. Shiraz ‘Guondong’, Paxton Estate, Australia (biodynamic) 2013 – £36.50 Wow! One of the finest, darkest most elegantly awesome Shiraz wines we’ve tasted, so good the Boss (Carol!) keeps taking it home!
35. The Chocolate Block 2012 Franschhoek S. Africa – £43.50
Massive perfume with underlying redcurrant, cedar, black pepper, spice and hints of turkish delight. Layers of marzipan, minerals and a superb velvety structure. A blend of Syrah (70%); Cabernet Sauvignon (13%); Grenache Noir (10%); Cinsault (6%) and Viognier (1%).
Limited edition wines
36. Châteauneuf du Pape, Domaine Pierre André 2010 (biodynamic) – £45.10
This sensational wine is packed with succulent ripe fruit, tobacco and dried spice flavour. It has incredible depth and a rich array of captivating scents, it’s seriously delicious stuff.
37. Nuits St. Georges, Domaine Chicotot 2012 – £64.50
Burgundy comes in many styles. This is a perfect example of the lighter, elegant Pinot Noir with underlying complexity and charm and an unforgettable finish.
Our cocktails are a combination of timeless classics and bespoke signature drinks created with passion.
Only £5.95 each
Delicious bar meals
Fancy a less formal lunch? Enjoy one of our light lunches or our indulgent traditional Afternoon Tea in our comfy bar area.
From only £10.50